Deseret CWMU State Buck Pronghorn Hunt
2018 DESERET BUck pronghorn HUNTING INFORMATION
If you're a Utah resident, you can obtain a Deseret CWMU buck pronghorn permit by applying through the public drawing. If you are a NON-RESIDENT you cannot apply for a CWMU permit through the public drawing. You can, however, purchase a permit directly from Wild Country Outfitters for the Deseret CWMU. To learn more about Utah's CWMU program click HERE.
Every hunter is required to check in before they start hunting. Every hunter is also required to check out before leaving. Even if an animal is not harvested, we still need to know that you are off the CWMU.
- Meeting location: Main ranch/The tent in Woodruff, UT
- Maps: CLICK HERE to download KMZ files or JPEG files
- Hunt Dates:
- September 10th-15th (Monday-Saturday)
- October 11th-13th (Thursday-Saturday)
- These are the only hunt dates available for the buck pronghorn hunt, unless a guided hunt is purchased
- You do not need to let us know what days you are coming hunting. You can come as many or as few of days as needed. As a rule, you must always check-in.
- Check-in time: 6:30 am is the earliest, but you can also check-in throughout the day.
- Guided: No.
- Trophy care: No.
- Meals/Lodging: Not provided. You are welcome to camp at designated areas on the ranch. You are welcome to bring a camp trailer or tent.
- Nights available for camping on Deseret
- September 10th-14th and October 11th-12th
- No overnight camping is allowed the day before a hunt on the ranch
- No overnight camping is allowed on the last day of each hunt week
- Guest: Each hunter is allowed to bring a max of TWO guest. But only one vehicle is allowed. One vehicle for the hunter plus the two guest. No exceptions.
- ATVs, Side-by-Sides, Horses: Not allowed
- Weapons allowed: Any legal weapon
- Guided option: If a guided hunt is wanted, the cost is $2,100 for the 3 day/2 night hunt.
- Included in the guided option:
- Trophy care: packing and caping of your trophy
- Meals/Lodging: Included for the hunter free of charge. Beds/bedding, towels, pillows, rest rooms, hot showers, and electricity. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
- Guest: on the guided hunt you are only allowed ONE guest
- Hunt week: We will discuss hunt weeks options if you choose the guided option. We are more flexible and can bring you up on different days
- Tips on guided hunts: tips are not mandatory but are greatly appreciated by the guides and cooks. The tips range form $100-$1000 (split between your guide and cooks).
- If a guided hunt is wanted but no lodging or meals, the cost is $1,100 for a 3 day hunt.
- Let us know ASAP if you want a guided hunt
- Included in the guided option:
To ensure a quality hunting experience for all public hunters all scheduling and inquiring must be done through Wild Country Outfitters Management (contact information at the bottom of this letter). Individual Wild Country Outfitter guides are NOT permitted to schedule hunts or deviate from the information in this letter.
Hunters may shoot only one animal. Once an animal has been wounded, hit, or blood has been drawn, that is your animal and you will NOT be able to harvest or shoot at another animal.
Our goal is to provide you with a quality hunting experience. You will be provided with the same opportunity as our paying clients are given. Your job is to enjoy the experience and conduct yourselves in a manner so that all other guests have a quality experience as well.
To downlonad the pronghorn letter CLICK HERE.