Deseret CWMU State Buck Deer Hunt
2018 DESERET Buck Deer HUNTING INFORMATION
If you're a Utah resident, you can obtain a Deseret CWMU buck deer permit by applying through the public drawing. If you are a NON-RESIDENT you cannot apply for a CWMU permit through the public drawing. You can, however, purchase a permit directly from Wild Country Outfitters for the Deseret CWMU. To learn more about Utah's CWMU program click HERE.
Every hunter is required to check in before they start hunting. Every hunter is also required to check out before leaving. Even if an animal is not harvested, we still need to know that you are off the CWMU.
- Meeting location: Main ranch/The tent in Woodruff, UT
- Maps: CLICK HERE to download KMZ files or JPEG files
- Hunt Dates: Choose week 1 or week 2 (You can’t come both weeks)
- Hunt Week: Monday, October 8th 10:00 AM through Saturday, October 13th at 12:00 PM
- Meeting time: 10:00 am on Monday October 8th. October 9th-13th check in time starts at 6:30 am.
- Guided: No
- Trophy care: No
- Meals/Lodging: Not provided, but we do recommend that you camp in a trailer or tent in our designated camping area. This hunt typically takes more than one day to harvest a buck.
- Guest: Each hunter is allowed to bring a max of TWO guest. But only one vehicle is allowed per hunter. One vehicle for the hunter plus the two guest. No exceptions.
- ATVs, Side-by-Sides, Horses: Not allowed
- Weapons allowed: Any legal weapon
- Guided option: If a guided hunt is wanted, the cost is $3,000 for the week.
- Included in the guided option:
- Trophy care: packing and caping of your trophy
- Meals/Lodging: Included for the hunter free of charge. Beds/bedding, towels, pillows, rest rooms, hot showers, and electricity. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
- Guest: on the guided hunt you are only allowed ONE guest
- Hunt week: We will discuss hunt weeks options if you choose the guided option.
- Tips on guided hunts: tips are not mandatory but are greatly appreciated by the guides and cooks. The tips range form $100-$1000 (split between your guide and cooks).
- Let us know ASAP of a guided hunt is wanted
- Included in the guided option:
To ensure a quality hunting experience for all public hunters all scheduling and inquiring must be done through Wild Country Outfitters Management (contact information at the bottom of this letter). Individual Wild Country Outfitter guides are NOT permitted to schedule hunts or deviate from the information in this letter.
Hunters may shoot only one animal. Once an animal has been wounded, hit, or blood has been drawn, that is your animal and you will NOT be able to harvest or shoot at another animal.
Our goal is to provide you with a quality hunting experience. You will be provided with the same opportunity as our paying clients are given. Your job is to enjoy the experience and conduct yourselves in a manner so that all other guests have a quality experience as well.
If you choose the guided option, our management plan on Deseret is to harvest old/mature buck deer. We consider deer to be mature at 5.5+ years old. Our goal as an outfitter is to present the hunter with opportunities to harvest a mature buck. We are NOT going to field judge, score the deer, and/or state that a buck is big or small. Guides will find and locate mature deer and present opportunities. It will be the hunters choice if he/she wants to harvest the bull elk. The guide will not tell the hunter to shoot or not to shoot or that a buck is big or small; the guide will only state that it is a mature buck and its the hunters choice whether or not to shoot. If you have questions on this please ask by calling or emailing.
To download the 2017 Buck Deer Letter CLICK HERE